Helpful stuff I've found.
I've been poking around the dusty ol' internet for the past year and am continually astounded by what is available -- we are so lucky to live in an age of free information, although it takes some work to find it. From death positivity and natural burials to grief and loss work, there is so much happening in this space.
An important message: If you’re thinking about suicide, are worried about a friend or loved one, or would like emotional support, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline network is for everyone, is free, and confidential, and is available 24/7. Please call.
1-800-273-8255 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- It's Ok That You're Not Ok by Megan Devine
- Modern Loss edited by Gabrielle Birkner and Rebecca Soffer
- What to Do When I'm Gone by Suzy Hopkins & Hallie Bateman
Podcasts, videos, writing activities, other stuff:
- A Guide to Navigating Grief an eCourse with Elenor Haley from What's Your Grief?
- Writing Your Grief a 30-day online writers workshop with Megan Devine
- The House of Mourning an episode of The Moth
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking a Podcast with Nora McInerny
- Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by Caitlin Doughty
- The American Way of Death, Revisited by Jessica Mitford
- Talking About Death Wont Kill You by Virginia Morris
Podcasts, videos, activities:
Supporting others through grief and loss.
- There is No Good Card for This by Dr. Kelsey Crowe & Emily McDowell
- 7 Ways to Help Your Friend After a Major Loss by Alica Forneret
- 7 Ways to be A Good Listener by Marla Schuchman
- On Death Education in Schools (for Teachers) an interview with Bart Ongering
- Understanding Grief, New York Times 1/15/18
Gifts, videos and multimedia:
- How do you help a grieving friend? Refuge in Grief
- Empathy Cards - from Emily McDowell Studios
- Art from the exhibit the girl with nothing to lose - by The Fandangoe Kid
- Compassion Packages - from Here For You
- Dior Waterproof Makeup - from Sephora
Note: The resources listed on this page have been created and provided by others. I receive no compensation and hope that I've credited each source appropriately. Please contact me ASAP if there is any error in attribution.
And, finally, here's a thing that I hope will make you SMILE. It certainly makes me smile every time I watch it.